ido color problem when vimpulse is loaded

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 25 16:11:17 CET 2011

On 2011-01-24 22:28, Štěpán Němec wrote:

> Thomas Hisch <t.hisch at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Today I realized that the vimpulse module is the cause of the
>> color-highlighting problem in ido in my emacs setup.
>
> (remove-hook 'minibuffer-setup-hook 'viper-minibuffer-setup-sentinel)
> ;; post-ddfcd16209c575 Vimpulse makes also these two necessary:
> (defadvice viper-set-minibuffer-overlay (around fuck-viper activate)
>   nil)
> (defadvice viper-has-face-support-p (around fuck-viper activate)
>   nil)
>
> These might very well disable more than you want, though; caveat emptor.

Thomas and Štěpán, do you consider the vi-keys-in-minibuffer behavior
useful in itself, despite Viper's glitches?

Unless I re-implement it myself, this behavior will be gone in the next
version of Vimpulse. (If I do implement it, I think it ought to be
disabled by default, to avoid confusion.)

--
Vegard