evil: Input method gets reset when entering insert state

Michael Markert markert.michael at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 31 10:27:04 CEST 2011

On 31 Aug 2011, Sarah Brofeldt wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2011, at 10:12 , Michael Markert wrote:
>> The evil input method is buffer-local, so changing/activating it in
>> one buffer doesn't affect other buffers. Maybe this tripped you?
>
> What I'm seeing specifically is that whenever I enter insert state in
> an sml-mode buffer, it activates my default-input-method as if I had
> hit C-\. If I then disable it by pressing C-\, leaving insert state by
> 'ESC' and then entering it again with 'i' sets that input method once
> again. I don't experience this behavior in any other mode (as far as I
> can tell) and I'm not sure at all how to debug it given my
> inexperience.

I was bitten by this as well after I read your post and opened Issue
#15[1]

This happends in all buffers as far as i can tell: If you (at the
moment) disable input method inside insert state you're out of luck.

Michael

Footnotes:

[1] https://bitbucket.org/lyro/evil/issue/15/toggle-input-method-in-insert-state-is