evil: Input method gets reset when entering insert state

Sarah Brofeldt sbrofeldt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 10:15:52 CEST 2011

On Aug 31, 2011, at 10:12 , Michael Markert wrote:
> The evil input method is buffer-local, so changing/activating it in one
> buffer doesn't affect other buffers. Maybe this tripped you?

What I'm seeing specifically is that whenever I enter insert state in an sml-mode buffer, it activates my default-input-method as if I had hit C-\. If I then disable it by pressing C-\, leaving insert state by 'ESC' and then entering it again with 'i' sets that input method once again. I don't experience this behavior in any other mode (as far as I can tell) and I'm not sure at all how to debug it given my inexperience.

-- Sarah