vimpulse bug: VIPER's #q doesn't work and can't be bound

Christoph LANGE langec at web.de
Sat Oct 30 23:33:09 CEST 2010

Dear vimpulse developers,

another less serious bug report:  when trying to figure out how to comment/quote/indent things (now I know that my favorite e-mail composing mode post-mode can quote with C-c C-q ;-) ) I tried to use VIPER's #q:

`# q'
     Insert specified string at the beginning of each line in the region
     (`viper-quote-region').  The default string is composed of the
     comment character(s) appropriate for the current major mode.

As vimpulse supports # like vim (which I appreciate BTW), #q doesn't work.  But, unfortunately, due to the strange way it's implemented, there is no easy way either to bind it to different keys.  Do you have any idea about how such VIPER commands could be revived in vimpulse?

Cheers, and thanks in advance,

Christoph

--
Christoph Lange, http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Langec, Skype duke4701