[implementations-list] Mailing list administration, Gmane

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 20:39:03 CEST 2010

> Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 17:52:44 +0200
> From: stepnem at gmail.com
>
> As a next step in my diabolic plan, I'd like to subscribe the list
> to Gmane <http://gmane.org>. It provides a lot of nice features,
> including convenient searching interface, easy linking to mails,
> threads etc. I've come to really like it (this is actually currently
> the only list without Gmane mirror I'm following; I read all the
> others in Gnus via Gmane).
>
> Any objections/ideas?

I don't mind, and don't think Jason does either. The list is already
archived at lists.ourproject.org, so it might as well be stored at
Gmane too. Gmane certainly is prettier!

> In any case, please could the mailing list maintainership be
> transferred or extended to Vegard? If Jason is the only maintainer
> (or not?), I'm guessing we're going to wait for his reply for about
> a month.

I have been Vimpulse's official maintainer since Alessandro resigned
in April. Jason is the list admin, although from the following post
from February I get the impression that there might be other admins
too:

> If you want implementations-list admin permissions, please phone me
> here in Canada at +1 (416) 992-3445, because we're going to have to
> set a new password which all the active list admins will know.

http://lists.ourproject.org/pipermail/implementations-list/2010-February/000215.html

But who are they, and why does the password need to be changed?

Vegard