[implementations-list] Mailing list administration, Gmane (was Re: [JUNK] This is a test message)

Štěpán Němec stepnem at gmail.com
Fri May 14 17:52:44 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:14:47AM +0000, Vegard Øye wrote:

> > Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 12:33:25 +0200
> > From: stepan.nemec at gmail.com
> > To: implementations-list at lists.ourproject.org
> > Subject: [implementations-list] [JUNK] This is a test message
> >
> > Greets from an unsubscribed address!
> >
> > This message just tests if subscription is actually required for posting
> > to the list. Sorry for the spam (in case it gets through).
> >
> > Štěpán
>
> It got through. :)

... which is great.

As a next step in my diabolic plan, I'd like to subscribe the list to
Gmane <http://gmane.org>. It provides a lot of nice features, including
convenient searching interface, easy linking to mails, threads etc. I've
come to really like it (this is actually currently the only list without
Gmane mirror I'm following; I read all the others in Gnus via Gmane).

Any objections/ideas?

In any case, please could the mailing list maintainership be transferred
or extended to Vegard? If Jason is the only maintainer (or not?), I'm
guessing we're going to wait for his reply for about a month.

Štěpán