[implementations-list] h/j/k/l keys in Info mode

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 20:36:58 CET 2010

> From: jasonspiro3 at gmail.com
> Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 15:43:02 -0500
>
> Good point. That was my mistake; in retrospect, I should've picked a
> better name. Can you or anyone here think of a better name now? :)

I haven't thought of a better name, but I've replaced the "vimper"
prefix with "viper-imm".

> Do http://vim-latex.sf.net or http://vim-ruby.rubyforge.org provide
> any viper-in-more-modes-like features? I've never tried them.

They tend to follow the convention of using , as a prefix key in
Visual mode (viper-in-more-modes' is SPC). Come to think of it, I do
the same myself. In my .emacs I have the line

    (vimpulse-vmap ",c" 'comment-dwim)

which lets me comment and uncomment selected text very comfortably.
Compare with the following VimTips:

http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/VimTip369
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/VimTip271

But, yeah, we should make viper-in-more-modes emulate existing Vim
plugins as far as possible. Probably a bit of work, though.

>>> The changeset description explains that "Visual mode exits to
>>> Emacs state in [Info] buffers." I haven't tested your code, but I
>>> can't figure out: why is this?
>>
>> [...]

This explanation is now outdated. I changed the code so that Info-mode
et al. come up in vi state by default, but their own maps still have
presedence over the vi maps. This is done by copying the mode's
keymap into the major mode extension keymap.

We're ready for release. Any last-minute changes?

Vegard