[Vimpulse] Strnge behavior in Info (and probably other modes)

Alessandro Piras laynor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 22:52:53 CEST 2010

Alessandro Piras <laynor at gmail.com> writes:

> When I M-x info, I get the full viper bindings. However, after a random
> amount of time, or maybe after I do some other stuff (like running gnus
> on another frame it seems) the nice vimpulse bindings get loaded.
> I don't really get what's going on, and I don't really know what do I do
> to trigger the loading. This time it was gnus, but I think other times
> it has been something else, maybe org-agenda.
> Do you have any idea what's going on?

I found out where the problem lies:
nxhtml and vimpulse have some kind of incompatibility.
The following init file

;; Add load paths here (required only for vimpulse in emacsw32)
(custom-set-variables
 '(nxhtml-load t))
(require 'vimpulse )                ; load Vimpulse

is enough to trigger the problem.
__
Alessandro