Strange visual-line bug

Tim Harper timcharper at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 22:02:21 CEST 2010

On 7/22/2010 1:23 PM, Štěpán Němec wrote:
> Tim Harper<timcharper at gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> Familiar with git format-patch / git am, will plan on contributing
>> accordingly. I've got my own public repo on github though where I
>> experiment with things as well, do you take pull requests that way?
>> (and why aren't you on github!? :) )
> GitHub is overrated. :-P
> Seriously, it's not even Free Software!

LOL, okay, you have a point there.

> If you really insisted on having Vimpulse somewhere more "cool" than
> Assembla, I'd suggest Gitorious, not GitHub. Not only because Gitorious
> is libre, but also because it's project-centric, not person-centric as
> GitHub.

You can set up organizations in GitHub now, which you can use as a
project centric location

> Anyway, I personally really like the mailing list model -- when you send
> patches to a mailing list, more people have chance to look at it and
> chime in when they have anything to say on the matter.
This is a good point, and it has its merits. However, have you ever used
the network browser in GitHub? It makes it really easy for people to
have multiple forks of a project, and if somebody happens to create a
patch that, for whatever reason, isn't merged in, it makes it really
easy to find. (I've used it many times to find patches for abandoned
projects).

I was mostly teasing about moving to GitHub, but I really like it. It's
a great place for open source to live, and it's really well done. I
don't think it's overrated :-)