Strange visual-line bug

Tim Harper timcharper at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:12:41 CEST 2010

After a while of using vimpulse mode in a buffer, it gets into a
strange state where if I go from vi-mode to visual-line-select mode by
pressing "V", it "remembers" my previous visual-line-selection (cursor
position, number lines selected and all) and takes me back to it.
This is undesirable, naturally.  I don't know exactly how to reproduce
the bug, but have managed to record a video of it in action:

http://screencast.com/t/YjBlMmVkMjQ

The buggy-state is buffer-local.  Killing a buffer, and then
re-opening the file, restores sanity, as demonstrated in the video.

Thanks for vimpulse mode!

Tim