[implementations-list] Dear readers: We need ten minutes of your time to test Vegard's vimpulse-modal so we can decide if to include it in Vimpulse or not

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 18 06:24:53 CET 2010

> From: jasonspiro3 at gmail.com
> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:13:04 -0500
>
> You can download vimpulse-modal from
> http://my-trac.assembla.com/vimpulse/ticket/14
> -- look in the "Attachments" section.

Here is a number of ways you can test vimpulse-modal.el.
To install it, place it in the site-lisp directory and add
(require 'vimpulse-modal) to .emacs. Then you can make a binding
in command mode with vimpulse-map:

    (defun foo ()
      (interactive)
      (message "Hey!"))

    (vimpulse-map "daf" 'foo)

You can add this code to .emacs and restart Emacs, or you can evaluate
it in the *scratch* buffer. It displays "Hey!" in the minibuffer when
you press "daf". Check that it doesn't overwrite previous keys like
"daw", "dw" and "dd".

To make a binding in Insert mode, use vimpulse-imap:

    (vimpulse-imap "g" 'foo)

To make a binding in Visual mode, use vimpulse-vmap:

    (vimpulse-vmap "G" 'foo)

You can also try the included test commands "cae" and "dae", which act
on Lisp S-expressions. "cae" changes an expression, while "dae"
deletes it. So with the cursor at the opening parenthesis of any of
the expressions above, "dae" deletes the whole form.

Please let me know what version of Emacs you are using.

Vegard