[implementations-list] h/j/k/l keys in Info mode

Jason Spiro jasonspiro3 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 08:39:58 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Vegard Øye <vegard_oye at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Indeed. In Vim's help system, CTRL-T is the key for that. I have bound
> it accordingly in changeset [80]. `Info-help', the old command for h,
> is bound to M-h. I have also created a `vimpulse-want-vi-keys-in-Info'
> variable to make the vi scheme toggleable.
>
> http://code.assembla.com/vimpulse/subversion/changesets/80
>
> What do you think? These changes should be documented, of course.

I haven't tested your code, but it sounds like it's very useful.  Two nitpicks:

*  I think it would be better for this new code to be in
viper-in-more-modes or in Viper itself, not in Vimpulse.  Ideally
Viper.  In fact, I think it would be best if all of
viper-in-more-modes and vimpulse were merged into upstream Viper.  :)

*  May I suggest that CTRL-O should also go back, and maybe CTRL-]
should do the same thing as the Enter key does.  Both of these changes
would make your code work more like Vim's help system works.

One question out of curiosity:  The changeset description explains
that "Visual mode exits to Emacs state in [Info] buffers."  I haven't
tested your code, but I can't figure out:  why is this?  :)