ex: No file on this line

George V. Reilly george at reilly.org
Tue Aug 24 19:51:25 CEST 2010

I've managed to do this several times, but I don't know yet how to repeat
it. I know about `C-h l', but I haven't spotted the pattern.

After making various mistakes that I've canceled with C-g and/or C-], I get
Ex into a state where I can't type SPC after `:e'. As soon as I hit SPC,
instead of offering the directory path of the last file, I get a "No file on
this line" error. The only way that I've found so far of fixing it is to
quit Emacs and start a fresh process, which is no fix at all.
--
/George V. Reilly  george at reilly.org  Twitter: @georgevreilly
http://www.georgevreilly.com/blog  http://blogs.cozi.com/tech