vimpulse bug: visual-line does not select final newline

Craig Tenney tenneycr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 10:53:14 CEST 2010

Vegard Øye <vegard_oye <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> I haven't looked into the Vimpulse/vimpulse-surround issue yet, but I
> can confirm that "0v$" does not work like in Vim. In Vim, keys like
> "$" and "l" move one character more in Visual mode than they do in
> Normal mode. Vimpulse lacks this distinction.
>
> Adding it shouldn't be very hard, so just watch this space. Thanks
> for the bug report!

Thanks. Although Vim grabs the newline with "v$", I often find myself typing
"v$h" to get what I really wanted, so I won't vote either way on that particular
aspect of the issue.

Not having "V" (visual-line) grab the final newline, however, prevents easy
copying of lines, and that's keeping me solidly in Vim for now.

Thanks again. Normally I'd prefer to offer a patch, but elisp is still eludes me.