[implementations-list] [Vimpulse] bug: 'r' doesn't work on lines of length 1

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 18:02:22 CEST 2010

> From: laynor at gmail.com
> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:22:48 +0100
>
> I look at the tortoise-git context menu and I've seen every possible
> function but "update". How does it work?

You need to synchronize your local repo with the server repo. With
TortoiseGit, it's "Git sync -> Pull" or "TortoiseGit -> Pull" from the
context menu to get the latest version history from the server.

Conversely, if you have done something cool to your local repo (which
is /your/ branch) and want it in the official Vimpulse, you'll need to
"push" your latest changes to the server. When you "commit" something,
you only affect the local history, so committing and publishing are
two separate steps. (I really, really like this. :)

Vegard