[implementations-list] The "{Saved, Deleted} N characters" messages gone with `yy'/`dd'

Vegard Øye vegard_oye at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 20:14:29 CEST 2010

> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:27:37 +0200
> From: stepnem at gmail.com
>
>>     (setq viper-change-notification-threshold 0)
>
> Even with this setting, `dd' showed no message; and even with the
> default `1', d2d or 2dd showed no message. It's fixed now, though.
> Thanks.

Yeah, the original code just disabled the message when the motion type
was `line'. This was a mistake, however, as vanilla Viper says
"Saved 2 lines" when one types "2yy".

>> I've made the messages aware of whether you are affecting
>> characters, lines or blocks. :)
>
> Yeah; actually I liked the uniform "characters" better, but that's a
> matter of opinion (perhaps more importantly, one might ask whether such
> an improvement was worth the 50-line `vimpulse-operator-message'
> definition ;-).

I admit that Vimpulse is getting large. For what it's worth,
I think the worst growth rates are behind us, both in absolute
and relative terms.

(Any tips on making that function shorter? :)

Vegard