[implementations-list] The "{Saved, Deleted} N characters" messages gone with `yy'/`dd'

Štěpán Němec stepnem at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 18:27:37 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 03:11:35PM +0000, Vegard Øye wrote:

> > Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 23:12:23 +0200
> > From: stepnem at gmail.com
> >
> > Currently one might ask why `yw' does show a message
> > while `yy' does not.
>
> This is governed by `viper-change-notification-threshold'. By default,
> messages are never shown for single-entity changes. To enable
> messages always, do
>
>     (setq viper-change-notification-threshold 0)

Not really; even with this setting, `dd' showed no message; and even
with the default `1', d2d or 2dd showed no message.
It's fixed now, though. Thanks.

> Check out the latest changeset as well. I've made the messages
> aware of whether you are affecting characters, lines or blocks. :)

Yeah; actually I liked the uniform "characters" better, but that's a
matter of opinion (perhaps more importantly, one might ask whether such
an improvement was worth the 50-line `vimpulse-operator-message'
definition ;-).

  Štěpán