[implementations-list] When and how to check code into SVN (was: text objects)

Jason Spiro jasonspiro3 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 22:18:41 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Alessandro Piras <laynor at gmail.com> wrote:
> I will switch to version 0.3.0 when I'll get repeatable visual commands XD
> I'm also thinking about improving visual block mode, and refactor the code a
> little ^^
> Actually, I'm already working on a multiple file version, I split the code
> into several files hat should contain more or less separate functionalities,
> as navigating thru a big file usually bothers me quite a lot, especially
> when there are huge functions like the redefinition of viper-prefix-arg-com.
> Anyway, it's still possible to redistribute vimpulse as one big file, and
> there's a ready Makefile that does the job.
> What do you think? better to upload the split file version now or when I'm
> done with the visual command repetition stuff?

It doesn't matter when you check the split file version into SVN.  But
it's best if the splitting checkin doesn't involve any code changes;
make all code changes in a separate checkin.

By the way, have you been bumping the version number and making a new
release on EmacsWiki every time you checked in code?  You don't have
to.  You can make a release just every few weeks or so.  Also, it's
possible to set things up so that a mail goes to the mailing list
every time you make an SVN checkin.

BTW I like that the version vimpulse.el on EmacsWiki is one big file I
can simply download and install :)

Cheers,
-Jason