[implementations-list] I want to contribute!

Alessandro Piras laynor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 15:36:04 CEST 2009

by the way, I noticed there's a questions in the code comment about an
ugly hack on the parens matching. The question is "what is this code
_trying_ to do?".
let's use an example to explain it:

asdf(jkl)qwer

when the rectangular cursor is on the "(" character, emacs highlights
the matching ")" character. That's fine and it's the same as vim does.
when the cursor is on the ")" instead, emacs does nothing. Emacs need
the cursor to be _after_ the closing paren to match it. So the hack
was, if we are on a closing paren, go forward one character, let emacs
highlight the stuff, go backwards 1 character.

I read it broke other things, so the hack definately sucks.
Does someone have any idea on how to deal with that stuff?