[implementations-list] Re: vimpulse - visual select with emacs -nw

Alessandro Piras laynor at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 23:25:26 CEST 2009

Yeah, Jason is right I think. Didn't check because I'm too lazy to reboot now.
I never tried to export EXDELAY, but I got rid of my ESC problems with
this piece of elisp in my .emacs:

(when tty-erase-char
  (set-input-mode t nil t)
  (setq viper-no-multiple-ESC t))
This should get rid of the stupid ALT=ESC problem that bugs everyone
that uses viper in terminals, but I've no idea at all if it works in
gnome terminal. It works for me in konsole, konsole+screen and xterm
too iirc. Try it and let me know :)
Also, check if M-x continues to work.
Bye,
Alessandro