[implementations-list] Fwd: [gnu.org #393190] Dear FSF clerk, here are all my questions about copyright assigment

Jason Spiro jasonspiro3 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 20:15:25 CET 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Donald R Robertson III via RT <copyright-clerk at fsf.org>
Date: Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Subject: [gnu.org #393190] Dear FSF clerk, here are all my questions
about copyright assigment
To: jasonspiro3 at gmail.com

Hello,

Thanks again for your interest. Sorry about the delay, your previous
reply some how slipped past me. I can't really recommend any particular
course of action in how to put your work in the public domain. In any
event, even if all the contributors place their work in the public
domain, we would still need at least a disclaimer from each of them if
the project were to become a part of emacs. So I'm not sure how much
time it would actually save to have them do that instead of just
assigning their work when the time comes. Thanks again for your
interest, and good luck with your project.