[implementations-list] Fwd: What to do so Vimpulse (Vim emulation plugin) can get into Emacs?

Jason Spiro jasonspiro3 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 17:59:11 CET 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jason A. Spiro <jasonspiro4 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 1:47 AM
Subject: What to do so Vimpulse (Vim emulation plugin) can get into Emacs?
To: emacs-devel at gnu.org

Hi all,

I am the currently-inactive maintainer of Vimpulse[1], which builds on
top of viper-mode to emulate Vim features too, not just vi features.

What needs to be done so Vimpulse can get included as part of Emacs?

I know two things:

1.  fix Vimpulse's most serious bugs:  it is currently buggy

2.  do copyright assignment:  it hasn't been done yet, and Donald
Robertson, GNU copyright clerk, said it must wait until you accept
vimpulse into Emacs.  (The two main authors have agreed that they will
assign copyright when needed.)

I wonder:  What else?

Cheers,
Jason Spiro

^  [1].  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/vimpulse.el

--
Jason Spiro: software/web developer, packager, trainer, IT consultant.
I support Linux, UNIX, Windows, and more. Contact me to discuss your needs.