[implementations-list] viper-in-more-modes still needs a maintainer: does anyone volunteer?

Jason Spiro jasonspiro3 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 22:29:41 CET 2009

Hi all,

viper-in-more-modes provides vi-like keymaps for emacs-lisp-mode,
lisp-interaction-mode, slime-repl-mode, and lisp-mode.  But
viper-in-more-modes has some problems.  Here's some stuff that should
be done, copied from the TODO list in the file:

*  We shouldn't use the "vimper" function-name prefix anywhere in this
file.  The word "vimper" is a leftover from back when
viper-in-more-modes was part of Vimpulse, and Vimpulse was unreleased
and didn't have a good name yet.  But viper-in-more-modes is no longer
part of Vimpulse.  It doesn't require Vimpulse to load.  It does
provide access to some Vimpulse features like visual mode, but
viper-in-more-modes does something different than Vimpulse and so
isn't shipped with Vimpulse.  So we should pick a new prefix.

*  Rename viper-in-more-modes to something much shorter.  This will
not only give viper-in-more-modes a shorter name, but will also
instantly provide us with a better prefix.

*  Clean up the code in general:  for example, the error messages
shouldn't include exclamation marks.  And the grammar and
capitalization in the comments should be improved.  Also, the boxed
comments probably don't have to be in boxes.

*  Submit it to M-x report-emacs-bug and ask them to please include
viper-in-more-modes as part of Viper.

viper-in-more-modes has no maintainer.  Would someone please take over
maintainership?  Vegard, you could volunteer.  Dear everyone else, you
could volunteer too.  :)

--
Jason Spiro: software/web developer, packager, trainer, IT consultant.
I support Linux, UNIX, Windows, and more. Contact me to discuss your needs.