[implementations-list] Fwd: [workaround] vimpulse failed at when referring to my-get-emulation-keymap

Jason Spiro jasonspiro3 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 08:28:05 CET 2008

Forwarded conversation

Subject: vimpulse failed at when referring to my-get-emulation-keymap
------------------------

From: Gu Yijun <yijun.gu at gmail.com>
Date: 2008/7/29
To: jasonspiro3 at gmail.com, laynor at gmail.com, brad.beveridge at gmail.com

I tried vimpulse today and found it incompatible with emacs 23.0.60.1
I compiled by myself from cvs source last week.

The error message I get (with or without --debug-init) is "wrong-type
argument: symbolp, (my-get-emulation-keymap) and the error completely
paralyzed emacs.

I do notice that the notice you put in the comments about a similar
error, but deleting  'viper--key-maps doesn't work for me. I know very
little about lisp, but it seems that the culprit is
"viper-normalize-minor-mode-map-alist" just below
"my-get-emulation-keymap" but I don't know how to modify it. Do you
know what causes the error?

btw: the procedure I used in compiling cvs emacs can be found at
http://www.najja.org/doku.php?id=it:emacs