[implementations-list] (viper devel) Should Viper parse .vimrcfiles? And should "n" and C-s C-s search be integrated?

Jon j at ngedit.com
Mon Oct 1 15:03:03 CEST 2007

Sorry for the delay in answering.

ViEmu's approach with .vimrc is that I don't read it. I provide an alternate
.viemurc. The reason is that I don't process much of the stuff that would be
in .vimrc, so it could be confusing. I prefer the user to be aware of the
fact, and that is a good way for now. If/when most of the stuff is properly
processed, I might switch to processing the regular .vimrc.

In my opinion, vim's scripting language is a total PITA. So good luck with
it. It's not among the goals of ViEmu to provide full vim/viml emulation, it
would be too much work for too little a result. But a healthy subset of the
important parts is important for many users.

Regards,

  - Jon
  - http://www.viemu.com