[PeDAGoG] "Can we do better? Climate Science and Colonialism" webinar next week

singhvan at rcn.com singhvan at rcn.com
Fri Sep 29 03:47:14 CEST 2023

Dear All,

Below is information about an event I'm helping organize under the auspices of My Climate Risk, a project of the World Climate Research Programme. It is the first part of a

series. Please consider attending and sharing with interested people in your networks. The event is on October 5 (Thurs) and October 6 (Fri) and the times are in UTC . Each session

is two hours long, with a little over one hour of panelists speaking and the remaining time for discussion. Please see below - the flyer is also attached.

Thanks,

Vandana

" Can We Do Better? Climate Science and Colonialism "

What does climate science, in its epistemology, methodology and practice, have to do with colonialism? While climate impacts clearly reveal the vulnerability of colonized and formerly colonized nations and spaces, what about the science itself? This first event in the My Climate Risk Education Working Group series on Climate and Colonialism explores these questions through the collective insights of eight scholars from disciplines as varied as history, energy policy, ocean diplomacy, interdisciplinary studies, environmental studies and sociology.
5 October 2023, 10:00 - 12:00 UTC (11 AM (UK); 6PM ( Philippines))

[ https://wmo-int.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZArdO-pqzMjGNAUDWma-ORuf6Q4LXq20gRB | REGISTER ]

6 October 2023, 13:30 - 15:30 UTC ( 5:30 AM (Alaska), 10:30 AM (Brazil), 2:30 PM (UK), 3:30 PM (France))

[ https://wmo-int.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcvduyprzItEtGE6AaIphdM0MApxPJy4QPD | REGISTER ]

This two-day webinar series is part of the MCR Education Working Group's exploration of Colonialism and Climate. We are honored to host esteemed speakers who will delve into the complex relationship between climate science and colonialism. (PDF attached)