[PeDAGoG] Prefiguring alternative organizing - new publication!

Israr Qureshi israr.qureshi at anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 6 17:35:56 CEST 2023

Dear Colleagues,

I hope the attached paper, recently accepted at Organization Studies, may be of interest to those in this network whose engagements or research involve commoning, prefigurative organizing, and community collectives.

Although context of research is India - but some insights should be transferable to other contexts as well.

Bhatt, B., Qureshi, I., Shukla, D. M., & Hota, P. K (2023). Prefiguring alternative organizing: Confronting marginalization through projective cultural adjustment and tempered autonomy. Organization Studies.

Best,
Israr

I acknowledge the Ngunnawal and Ngambri people, the Traditional Custodians of the land and waters of the Canberra region, where I live and work. I pay my respect to their Elders, past and present, and recognise their cultural heritage, beliefs and continuing relationships with the land.

Israr Qureshi

Director

Australian Social Cohesion: Exploring New Directions<https://bit.ly/3CtqG5Y>

Professor, Social Entrepreneurship

The Australian National University

Linkedin<https://bit.ly/3wkY4rM>, Google Scholar<https://bit.ly/3QWVkJ1> @qisrar

Associate Editor: Business & Society

Associate Editor: Information Systems Journal

Guest Editor: Special Issue on Digitally Enabled Sharing Economy Models at the BoP, ISJ<https://bit.ly/3ptq7Sh>

Guest Editor: Special Issue on Developing Inclusive Markets Through Social Entrepreneurship, MOR<https://bit.ly/3weulRd>

Guest Editor: Special Issue on Sharing Economy at the Base of the Pyramid: Societal Impact and Challenges, B&S<https://bit.ly/3wke5OV>

Guest Editor: Special Issue on Causes, Symptoms and Consequences of SMIP, ISJ

Recent publications:

*  Bhatt B., Qureshi, I., Shukla, D. & Hota, H. (2023). Prefiguring alternative organizing: Confronting marginalization through projective cultural adjustment and tempered autonomy. Organization Studies.

*  Sutter, C., Bhatt B., & Qureshi, I. (2023). What makes resource provision an effective means of poverty alleviation? A resourcing perspective<https://bit.ly/3zOLdjO>. Organization Science.

*  Qureshi, I., Bhatt, B., Sutter, C. & Shukla D. M. (2023). Social Entrepreneurship and Intersectionality: Mitigating Extreme Exclusion. Journal of Business Venturing.

*  Hota, P., Bhatt, B. & Qureshi, I. (2023). Navigating ethical dilemmas through institutional work: Evidence from a social enterprise<https://bit.ly/3WxD77T>. Journal of Business Venturing.

*  Zou, H., Qureshi, I., Fang, Y., Sun, H., Lim, K. H., Ramsey, E., & McCole, P. (2023). Investigating the nonlinear and conditional effects of trust-The new role of institutional contexts in online repurchase. Information Systems Journal.

*  Bhatt, B., Qureshi, I., & Sutter, C. (2022). How do intermediaries build inclusive markets? The role of the social context<https://bit.ly/3JnS6fa>. Journal of Management Studies.

*  Qureshi, I., Bhatt, B., Parthiban, R., Sun, R., Shukla, D. M., Hota, P. K., & Xu, Z. (2022). Knowledge Commoning: Scaffolding and Technoficing to Overcome Challenges of Knowledge Curation<https://bit.ly/3zPPrYv>. Information and Organization.