[PeDAGoG] New podcast series on system change

Terrence Leahy terry.leahy at newcastle.edu.au
Thu Jul 7 04:06:10 CEST 2022

Hi Global Tapestry of Alternatives,

I have started a new podcast series which you may find interesting.

It is "System Change Made Simple".

A phrase often used at climate actions is ‘system change not climate change’. This podcast explores that idea. What kind of system are we living with now? How do systems of exploitation come about? What options for a new system make sense? How could we make system change happen? Join me as I explore these questions. Get excited as we work out how we might make a fresh start.

The url to the podcast website is:

https://www.buzzsprout.com/2014361

The podcast on the site now is on the capitalist system:

Capitalism: A Ghost Story

How does capitalism work? Capitalism is a social invention. The capitalist social machine divides the population into classes. The ruling class maintains its power by exploiting people's work. This episode considers three basic phases of the capitalist machine, from the seventeenth century up to the present day. Why is the capitalist social machine coming unstuck now and what are the prospects for the future?

A new podcast will be available every week.

The next two are:

What's Wrong with Money?

and

The Gift Economy: Pathways out of Capitalism

Think you will find these podcasts interesting, and they could also be useful for teaching purposes.

Cheers, Terry Leahy

University of Newcastle
Humanities and Social Sciences
Callaghan Drive 2308N
NSW, Australia
Email: Terry.Leahy at newcastle.edu.au
Phone: +61 419418841
Website: www.gifteconomy.org.au

New Book 2022: The Politics of Permaculture (Pluto Press)