[PeDAGoG] INITIATING ENQUIRY

Jinan K B jinankb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 05:45:45 CET 2022

Please help.

I am trying to get together parents to become learners and become
models for children to awaken their learning ability.

The biggest fallout of the modern educational paradigm is the loss of
knowledge creation in society so much so that even the knowledge to
look after children is gone. Parents are depending on books and
authorities to look after children and this is what children are
experiencing the day in and day out.

Unfortunately, children learn what they experience and imbibe this
nature of dependency from their parents. Also their anxiety, stress,
etc

I have worked out an interesting way to turn this around.

During the Covid lockdown, we worked with a group of parents and asked
them to let children do what they feel like and just document what
children do naturally and spontaneously.  We specifically requested
the parents not to interfere, guide, etc. We also requested parents to
make a few changes in the house.  This made the parents begin to
observe their children keenly and then the magic began to happen.

Parents were able to bring back joy, creativity, and exploration into
the lives of children and the parents themselves became freer and less
anxious. They were able to see the logic behind the so-called
meaningless activity that children were doing.

There is a need to rediscover our innate abilities.

We are trying to get more parents into this activity and request your
help in sharing this brochure.

--
Jinan,
TEXT DISTORTS, DIGITAL DESTROYS, WORLD AWAKENS