[PeDAGoG] Edible Extinction: Why We Need to Revive Global Food Diversity

Christian Stalberg cstalberg at mymail.ciis.edu
Tue Apr 12 13:54:32 CEST 2022

Edible Extinction: Why We Need to Revive Global Food Diversity

The Green Revolution helped feed a surging global population, but at the cost of impoverishing crop diversity. Now, with climate change increasingly threatening food supplies, the need for greater agricultural resilience means restoring endangered crop and food varieties.

https://e360.yale.edu/features/a-look-inside-the-global-movement-to-revive-food-diversity

__

Christian Stalberg

Doctoral Student

Anthropology & Social Change

CIIS, San Francisco, CA

"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept." - Angela Davis

“What is it that we can do that addresses whatever the problem is, rather than what it is that we’re trying to get somebody else to do.” – Alice Lynd

“It’s better to die for an idea that is going to live than to live for an idea that is going to die.” – Steve Biko

“We live in capitalism, its power seems inescapable – but so did the divine right of kings.” - Ursula K. Le Guin