[PeDAGoG] The communitarian revolutionary subject, new forms of social transformation

David Barkin dpbarkin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 03:05:25 CEST 2021

Dear Mofwoofoo (and other comrades who wish to follow this line)-- The
article you read is not about a utopian or anarchist autarkic solution...
It is based on the real experiences of some millions of people in Mexico
and elsewhere in Latin America -- it is NOT extolling the praises of single
community efforts -- and although we use the expression "Communitarian
Revolutionary Subject" we are not referring to individuals or single
communities, as I tried to make clear in the accompanying note. Rather the
community organizations that are constructing these new societies have a
long and proud history of resistance and then re-existence (to use an
expression of Walter Porto-Goncalves), creating their distinct but
complementary worlds that are effectively challenging the "powers that be."
These are not modeled on the "transition towns" of the UK or the
small-scale cooperatives that struggle to survive world-wide. They are
functioning complex communities that offer their members new horizons and
are deliberately but carefully challenging the institutionalized powers
that would like to destroy them.

David Barkin
Mexico

--