[PeDAGoG] [REDlistserve] A new article on the RED website - "The path to a just and sustainable society"

Hari DK hari.coding at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 18:01:59 CEST 2021

Well, thanks for the points and the pointers to reading mp, appreciate it.
I do understand of course the points you make about "dirt" :)

May I reframe again - something I have been thinking of. Perhaps not
well-formed enough but here goes.

I = PAT <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_%3D_PAT>

There's an exponentially growing human population that (mostly) desires to
become exponentially more affluent. The capitalists would merely say that
they are the ones serving humanity in this aspiration, and they are as
trapped as anyone (T being carbon intensive and difficult to pivot out of,
for example).

What I'm trying to say: capitalism wouldn't exist without human needs. Of
people like you and me. If we could live without computers and Google and
mobile phones and fast food, perhaps capitalism would have no place in the
world?

So who is responsible - the mass of us or the handful of evil geniuses
'enslaving' us?

Just stress-testing some ideas here, not ideological.

Thank you,

--
Hari Dilip Kumar

*The Sustainability Problemsolver <http://www.haridk.me> | Initiative for