[PeDAGoG] Indian Book Edition of Revolutions in Learning and Education From India

NEUSIEDL Christoph Andreas cneusiedl2-c at my.cityu.edu.hk
Fri May 28 08:51:48 CEST 2021

Dear all,

I wanted to let you know that the Indian paperback edition of my book "Revolutions in Learning and Education from India: Pathways Towards The Pluriverse" has recently been launched by Manohar Books. It is available here on Amazon<https://www.amazon.in/Revolutions-Learning-Education-India-Pluriverse/dp/1032115920/ref=sr_1_1?crid=G2FO043VPR6F&dchild=1&keywords=revolutions+in+learning+and+education+from+india&qid=1622182711&sprefix=revolutions+in+learning+%2Caps%2C330&sr=8-1> and you should also be able to order it from your local bookstore.

Below are a few reviews of the book, which also comes with a wonderful foreword by Ashish Kothari.

 Of course I'd be very much happy to get your feedback on the book as well.

Best,
Christoph

"Revolutions in Learning and Education from India is a fascinating exercise in rekindling hope, looking beyond our catastrophic present. Drawing on a number of different theoretical resources from postdevelopment thought to anarchism and the philosophy of Jacques Rancière, Christoph Neusiedl focuses on some novel experiments in the field of ‘education’ and ‘unschooling’ in India, to tell an amazing story of finding pathways to the pluriverse." – Aditya Nigam, Professor, Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS), India

"Christoph Neusiedl's work moves beyond the idea of critically looking at what is happening in education as it engages with ideas and practices on the ground. The book provides a much needed insight into the question of transformative education in the Indian context through weaving together social theory, philosophy, and literature on education."— Ravi Kumar, Associate Professor, South Asian University, India

"This timely book joins the growing chorus of critical voices calling for a radical rethinking of our assumptions about how children should be educated, in the face of contemporary political, environmental and economic crises. In focusing on the artificial hierarchies created and sustained by our current systems, and weaving together insights from postdevelopment theory, anarchist theory and philosophy of education, the author offers an original perspective on these critical questions. These theoretical perspectives are combined with a fascinating analysis of neo-liberal education policy and resistant unschooling practices in India, offering an inspiring illustration of the political significance of grass-roots radical education movements." – Judith Suissa, Professor of Philosophy of Education, Institute of Education, University College London, UK