[PeDAGoG] [GTA] 4th June |3PM GMT | Webinar: "The Covid Crisis in Chile and Community Alternatives from Below"

Shrishtee Bajpai shrishteebajpai at gmail.com
Wed May 26 07:47:11 CEST 2021

Dear all,
Join us for our next GTA webinar. Registration details below.

*Alternatives in Pandemic Times: Resistance, Recovery and Re-Existence *- a
Webinar series
The Covid Crisis in Chile and Community Alternatives from Below

with *Katia Valenzuela Fuentes* (Chile)
------------------------------

*Friday 4th June - 3:00 PM *(UTC/GMT)

In October 2019, Chile experienced one of its most significant uprisings.
People demanded the end of neoliberalism, while hundreds of grassroots
organizations and local assemblies emerged. During the Covid crisis, the
Government's response has favoured the market over people, denying them
basic social protection and food security. However, grassroots
organisations are actively trying to tackle poverty with popular solidarity
and mutual aid. In this webinar, we will explore some of these local
experiences, their strategies, challenges and contributions to radical
social transformation.

More information <https://globaltapestryofalternatives.org/webinars:2021:02>

Direct access to the session
<https://globaltapestryofalternatives.org/webinars/live/>

About the presenters

*Katia Valenzuela-Fuentes* is an assistant professor at the Department of
Sociology, Universidad de Concepción, Chile, researcher at the Centre for
Sustainable Urban Development – CEDEUS Chile and activist scholar. Her main
research interests include political sociology, social movements,
autonomous politics, urban sociology, participatory action research and
critical epistemologies. For 20 years she has been involved in several
autonomous groups in Chile and has contributed to a number of campaigns in
solidarity with Latin American social movements.

Our past webinar sessions videos are available in this link
<https://globaltapestryofalternatives.org/webinars>.

Global Tapestry of Alternatives <https://globaltapestryofalternatives.org>

contact at globaltapestryofalternatives.org

To subscribe and get our updates, visit this link
<https://globaltapestryofalternatives.org/contact>

---
To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to this address: