[PeDAGoG] Fwd: [REDlistserve] Presentation on the real potential of Design education for transforming mainstream education

Ashish Kothari ashishkothari at riseup.net
Fri Jul 2 11:48:08 CEST 2021

This may be of interest,

ashish

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[REDlistserve] Presentation on the real potential of Design
education for transforming mainstream education
Date: 	Fri, 2 Jul 2021 14:45:12 +0530
From: 	Jinan K B <jinankb at gmail.com>
To: 	Jinan K B <jinankb at gmail.com>
CC: 	radical_ecological_democracy at googlegroups.com, Decoding the
Technosphere <decoding-technosphere at googlegroups.com>,
cognitive-importance-of-drawing at googlegroups.com, samwaad-on-learning
<samwaad-on-learning at googlegroups.com>, biological-roots-of-being
<biological-roots-of-being at googlegroups.com>, learninginnature
<learninginnature at googlegroups.com>,
vikalp-sangam-education-learning at googlegroups.com,
Economics-of-happiness-india
<Economics-of-happiness-india at googlegroups.com>, learningfromchildren
<learningfromchildren at googlegroups.com>, AFP list
<altforumpune at googlegroups.com>, hrutcollage at googlegroups.com
<hrutcollage at googlegroups.com>, punehomeschoolers
<punehomeschoolers at googlegroups.com>,
poorna-pune-learning-hub at googlegroups.com
<poorna-pune-learning-hub at googlegroups.com>

Presentation on the real potential of Design education for
transforming mainstream education

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3_brMbWcJ4

The real potential of design education is to re-imagine the whole
'schooling' paradigm TOTALLY starting from the kind of space/
condition that is provided for children right from home. This has
become an urgent task as the whole modern crisis- which is we, the
educated turning against life and nature stems from the alienation
from our own biology, our way of knowing and being.

We need to look at design education very differently to explore this
and abstract some of the fundamental aspects that make design
education unique and apart from other 'disciplines' in every aspect-
content, pedagogy, process, ambiance, etc. What are the fundamental
principles in design education which can be used to learn every other
discipline? How can we re-imagine the foundation year to be the
foundation not just for learning design but for every other
'discipline'?

jinan
jinankb,in

--
To reply to the author of this message, select "reply"; to reply to the whole list, select "reply to all".