[PeDAGoG] Reading list around regenerative futures for Young Adults?

Angging Aban azenana at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 05:27:16 CEST 2020

Hello Pallavi!

Nice to hear from you! The Lumad Schools here in our country are still
under attack and thus closed, because of this red-tagging of the military
or associating many indigenous communities to revolutionary forces. 'Lumad'
is a term for diverse indigenous peoples of Mindanao. Some of the students
are now housed in UP Diliman campus to continue their alternative
education. Called the Bakwit School ('bakwit' as a slang for evacuee),
these young students become our research partners in our ongoing research
and documentation on alternatives. Jose Monfred (or MonSy), my colleague in
the UP CIDS AltDev Program and a teacher in the Bakwit School can tell you
some documentation or books about the school's work on ecological/
solidarity-based future.

Apologies for posting again, here is the link to the story of the Bakwit
School published by UP CIDS:
Teaching "Pangiyak Ki!": The Lumad School as a Struggle for Land, Life, and
Liberation (See page 107-124)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12yEe4PeDN0jcefkCCR0ufPlpHPE_KiJL/view

Glad to know you and Jemi are also friends! Jemi, you might also be able to
share some documentation or a book about the agricultural school for
children run by the Serikat Petani Pasundan (Pasundan Peasant Union). I
visited one of their schools in Tasikmalaya in West Java last year.

All the best in your book hunting for your children and other young people
there!

In solidarity!
Angging

*Ananeza Aban, MCD*
Senior Research Associate
Program on Alternative Development (AltDev)
University of the Philippines | Center for Integrative and Development
Studies
*Ang Bahay ng Alumni, Lower Ground Floor  *
*Magsaysay Ave., UP Diliman, Q.C. 1101  Philippines*
*Tel. nos.:  981-8500 loc. 4266-4267 & 435-9283*
*Tel. fax:  981-8500 loc. 4268 & 426-0955*

*Website: cids.up.edu.ph <http://cids.up.edu.ph>*
*Facebook page: www.facebook.com/upcids*