[PeDAGoG] Reading list around regenerative futures for Young Adults?

Pallavi Varma Patil pallavi.vp at apu.edu.in
Sun Sep 13 08:34:47 CEST 2020

Dear all,

What fiction / non fiction books or writings would you recommend for young
adults to introduce to them the idea of ecological/ solidarity based
futures ?

Sujit and I have the following ideas but am sure you all have many more and
it would be nice to compile a reading list together for children/
young adults.
Ours are as follows:
1. 'Year of the Weeds' by Siddhartha Sarma (Very clever and imaginative
writing for young adults fictionalising the
famous indigenous Niyamgiri struggle against mining )
2. Daniel Greenberg's 'Free at Last ' about the Sudbury Valley School
3. Entropia: Life Beyond Industrial Civilisation  by Samuel Alexander
4. Our own Gandhi Note book to introduce Gandhi to young readers
5. Ela Bhatt's Anubandh and "We are poor but so many".
6. The following chapters in  Alternative futures: Ch 35,  Looking Back
into the Future: India, South Asia, and the world in 2010 ( pp 627-645),
and  Ch 18: Dare to dream ( pp 326- 340)

What else and what more would you recommend to us that can be used as a
reading list for Young Adults?

Many thanks in advance!

Pallavi

https://naitaleem.wordpress.com/