[PeDAGoG] Preliminary Report - Southeast Asian Grassroots Response to COVID-19

Honey Tabiola htabiola at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 14:21:15 CEST 2020

Apologies for forgetting to introduce myself and my organization.

I am Junior Research Analyst at the Program on Alternative Development
(AltDev) under the University of the Philippines Center for Integrative and
Development Studies (UP CIDS), the main policy research unit of the
University of the Philippines (UP).  I am colleagues with Ananeza Aban and
Nathaniel Candelaria who also just sent you links to some of our recent
publications.

Established in 2017, AltDev is one of 12 programs under UP CIDS. AltDev’s
main goal is to document paradigms, policies, grassroots practices, and
projects that pose a critical challenge to mainstream or dominant models of
development. Its scope expands to various actors within the Southeast Asia
region who are undertaking various types of alternative economic,
political, social, and cultural practices. AltDev envisions that through
its documentation efforts, it can contribute to the linking of peoples and
communities in the Philippines and the rest of the Southeast Asia region to
form the building blocks of a peoples’ alternative regional integration – a
form of integration that puts people first, rather than profits,
politicking or vested interests.

For more information about AltDev, please visit the UP CIDS website:
https://bit.ly/37MVcqb

Thank you so much.

In solidarity,
Hans