[PeDAGoG] New publications from the UP Center for Integrative and Development Studies Program on Alternative Development

Nathaniel Candelaria npcandelaria at outlook.com
Fri Jun 19 13:40:32 CEST 2020

Dear friends and colleagues,

Greetings from the Philippines! We hope that you remain safe in these uncertain times.

I am Nathaniel Candelaria, one of the program staff of the University of the Philippines Center for Integrative and Development Studies Program on Alternative Development (AltDev Program). The AltDev program was introduced earlier to the loop by one of my colleagues.

On behalf of the AltDev Program, I would like to share with everyone our newest publication:

UP CIDS Public Policy Monograph
The Game of the Great Powers: Rizal on Imperialism<https://drive.google.com/file/d/16NH1WvzLXqvX5V5JPqgzg8ldQSC09F2z/view>
George Aseniero
Program on Alternative Development
Short link: bit.ly/rizalonimperialism<http://bit.ly/rizalonimperialism>
Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16NH1WvzLXqvX5V5JPqgzg8ldQSC09F2z/view

UP CIDS Public Policy Monograph
The Future Has an Ancient Heart: In Search of Our Antiguas Buenas Calidades<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AOtj97-2CoEIFFTWS587e1DESd57UkQf/view>
Floro C. Quibuyen
Program on Alternative Development
Short link: bit.ly/buenascalidades<http://bit.ly/buenascalidades>
Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AOtj97-2CoEIFFTWS587e1DESd57UkQf/view

Our country commemorates today the 159th birth anniversary of one of our heroes, Dr. Jose P. Rizal. Dr. Rizal was one of the heroes who fought for our country's freedom against the Spanish colonization through his critical essays and publications against the abuses of the colonizers against Filipinos during the 19th century.

Aside from his critical essays against Spain, Dr. Rizal was also known for his keen analysis of geopolitical events during the 19th Century. These publications further explore the thought of one of our heroes. Thank you very much and stay safe.

Regards,

Nathaniel