[PeDAGoG] Open Discussion and Updates (July 2020)

Anne Snick anne.snick at scarlet.be
Thu Jul 2 06:53:20 CEST 2020

Dear friends,

This is a great community to be part of, even if I haven’t had much time to be very active thus far.

But now I’m happy to share with you a draft article about how we try to innovate higher education with a view to preparing students for the complexity of the current era.

Our ambition is to develop this into a format (maybe a hybrid MOOC) that would allow us to reach as many young persons as possible, without having to fight a ‘curriculum reform battle’. I realise this material may have to be adapted very much to learners in the global South; in my view they should be allowed to leapfrog to a sustainable model of development, without first following in the steps of the global North. Learners in the North, however, first have to unlearn all the models and behaviours that gave us incredible wealth but at the detriment of peace, social cohesion and ecological safety.

Please take a look at the article, and feel free to share your comments. I will be happy to share with you all the learning materials that we used, and maybe co-create a pool of other relevant learning tools together with this group.

https://www.academia.edu/s/d1eb13e26e?source=link

I hope to exchange ideas, materials and experiences with this very interesting group!

Have a nice day,

Anne

Anne Snick

SAPIRR – Systems Approach of Public Innovation and Responsible Research

Country Coordinator Belgium  STEAM+ project (EACEA) - KU Leuven

Board member Club of Rome – EU Chapter

Arne Loosveldt Fund – KU Leuven

Founding member Catharsis Association

ORCID id: 0000-0002-3933-9517