[Controlcambios-bdoo] e elephant charg

Lupita Keams refocuses at balfurd.com
Sun Mar 28 07:19:54 CEST 2010

T to me, and I examined it more closely than I had done before. It
was a cylinder of plain white shell hung on a gold chain, that which
Bes had bitten through, but now mended again by taking out the broken
link. On this cylinder were

cut figures; as I think of a priest presenting a noble to a god, over
whom was the crescent of the moon, while behind the god stood a man
or demon with a tall spear. Also between

the figures were mystic signs, meaning I know not what. The
workmanship of the carving was grown shallow with time and use for
the cylinder seemed to be very ancient, a sacred thing that had
descended
from generation to generation and was threaded through with a bar of
silver on which it

turned. I put the seal which was like no other that I had seen, being
the work of an early and simpler age, round my neck beneath
my mail and we went on. Descending the steep bank of the canal we
came to the ford where the sand that had silted in was covered by not
more than a foot of water. As we entered it, on the top
of the further bank appeared a body of about thirty armed and mounted
men, one of whom carried the Great King's banner, on which I noted
was blazoned the very figures that
were cut upon the cylinder. Now it was too late to retreat, so we
rode through the water and met the soldiers. Their o