[Care2x-general] Hermanos from Brasil

Dr. Jorge R Rodriguez jrbiolinux en yahoo.com.ar
Jue Dic 2 04:05:07 CET 2004

Dear Daniel.

Wellcome to the list. We are so happy to read you.
We trust in Latin America exchange information about care2x local developments, so we are agree to exchange knowledge and information beteewn us.

Our project is an Biolinux Group initiative, and it is into one more wide frame: Proyecto Salud LIbre, something like Open Health Project, for Latin America.

This dev group: We are about ten professionals, from medical sciences and informatics sciences, working together for the care2x customization for our country.

We are organized in sub-teams for some specialized problems that we have seen in care2x:
1.- One team is working in the database structure and php code.
2.- Team for Lab module with code capabilities.
3.- Team for billing solutions
4.- Testing team

You can see our work on line in:
http://care2x.aoniken.net and in
http://care2x.stmg.org.ar

In http://www.care2x.org.ar you can see whole information and you can pick up Bugs option, on left menu and see reported bugs.

Our care2x-L project leader is Juan Rossano.

We have another line in development into Salud Libre: SaluX.

SaluX is the Biolinux Group official distribution. We are working on it, because we trust that every Latin America hospital must have the option to take opensource distribution operative system at no cost. Our SaluX project leader is Leonardo Bauchwitz.

So, here we are, trying to do something... :) and belive me: it is too hard...

I would invite to any other member of our group to post information in this list.

Please, feel free to send any other question as you want.

So well, let start the information exchange.

You and our Brazilian brothers are wellcome here.

And as we sould say: "For an open health in the Americas".
Take care.

Dr. Jorge Rodriguez (JR)
Biolinux Coordinator.

Daniel Fink <danielfink en gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Care2x-L Developers

First of all, let us introduce ourselves:

My name is Daniel Fink and I am the spokesman from a brazilian project
aimed to develop and localize a brazilian version of Care2x; please
refer to

http://www.linuxmednews.com/linuxmednews/1098358110/index_html

Professor Dario Azevedo (dario en pucrs.br ) from PUCRS (www.pucrs.br)
is the coordinator of this project and together with a private
company (Alfamais - www.alfamais.com ) have agreed on a partnership
and got governmental funds to develop this brazilian version of
Care2x.

Our team is ready and has just started this job; as expected we are
facing some of the same difficulties you listed in a discussion list
before. We are sure that the needs for a free-software HIS in Latin
America must be shared and developed among all the countries.

So we are introducing ourselves looking for sinergy in those
developments, so we can share our problems and solutions improving the
capabilities of our teams, towards the best possible solutions.

If this seems in accordance to your projects, please let me know, so
we can begin our informations exchange right away.

I am looking forward to hearing from you

Sincerely

Daniel Fink
dfink en alfamais.com