[Bdi4emc-help] hard drive crash

Paul bdi4emc at bulldoghome.com
Tue May 13 21:57:59 CEST 2008

Hi David

On Tuesday 13 May 2008, David Szakovits wrote:
>    i really wanted to recover my configuration files and my home
>    directory so i put the disk into a different machine and did the fsck
>    on it.

Always worth keeping a backup of important data - In addition, it might be an
idea to print out a hard copy of the ini file.

>    this however went smoothly so i decided to try the drive
>    again, in the mill.  what do you know,  i have bdi-4.51 running
>    again.   it hasn't caused any trouble since, so i will leave well
>    enough alone.
>    of course, none of this makes sense.  following the video card events
>    perhaps reseating the hard drive did the trick???

Reseating the video card and other assorted cables is not an uncommon "fix"
for a number of computers. It was often the first thing the field engineers I
worked with did when making an initial visit to site.

Glad to hear you are up and running again.

Regards, Paul.