[Bdi4emc-help] tuning velocity and acceleration

Paul bdi4emc at bulldoghome.com
Thu Mar 22 13:36:57 CET 2007

Hi David

On Wednesday 21 March 2007 14:26, David Szakovits wrote:
> 1) when testing for the fastest moves, should i use the MANUAL MODE
> interface with the slider set to max speed or should i use g00 command
> or g01 with F command and  what value for  F?

I usually use manual mode with the silders set to max and adjust the per axis
values to suit - See following note.

> 2) once i have set max velocity and acceleration values for X,Y and Z,
> how do i determine max velocity and acceleration for the [TRAJ] section?

The TRAJ settings should initially be set higher than the per axis settings
when setting up per axis values in step 1. The TRAJ settings (in theory)
should be no higher than sqrt(X*X + Y*Y + Z*Z)..

Regards, Paul.