[Bdi4emc-help] SATA drives

Paul bdi4emc at bulldoghome.com
Mon Apr 2 16:37:42 CEST 2007

On Monday 02 April 2007 15:07, Matt Timmermans wrote:
> Oh, that's encouraging.  I'm getting a kernel panic because it can't find
> /dev/sda2 to mount the root FS.  If the modules are there, though, maybe I
> can get it to work with an initrd.

I kinda wondered if that was what you'd done.. The problem is the initrd.img
doesn't contain all the modules needed run SATA or SCSI drives..

> I'm going to see if I can figure out how to get that initrd thing working.

`mkinitrd -o /boot/initrd.img-2.6.16.20-rtai 2.6.16.20-rtai` should do it. The
problem is how to run the command when the system won't boot.. If you can
boot from either the BDI-4 CD or another partition, then try mounting the
BDI-4 partition. With the partition mounted, try chrooting in to the mount
point and running mkinitrd."

Regards, Paul.