[Bdi4emc-help] apt

Paul bdi4emc at bulldoghome.com
Sun Nov 26 20:07:11 CET 2006

Hi David

On Sunday 26 November 2006 14:27, David Szakovits wrote:
> sorry for the basic questions, but i've been digging around and not
> figuring this out.

That's what we're here for...

> my emc2/ubuntu has gcalctool version  5.6.34 but bdi lists 4.4.20 as the
> current release, i am spoiled by a couple features of the newer version.
>
> can i change the repositories for bdi so i get later versions for some
> of these things.

I often use www.backports.org when I need a prebuilt package from Debian's
testing/unstable branches - I don't see gcalctool listed. The alternative is
to grab the sources and generate your own package, but this can be
problematic.. gcalctool requires gnome-doc-utils-0.3.2 and debhelper-5.0,
neither being available from the main Debian Sarge repository. debhelper-5.0
is in backports, but gnome-doc-utils has another set of build dependencies
not so easily met.. Nothing that can't be overcome given sufficient time and
resources.

gcalctool-5.8.25 has been uploaded to the bdi4emc repository along with a
couple of other packages that newer gnome stuff require.

> also synergy-cad upgrades each and every time i do apt-get upgrade, can
> i correct this?

Comment out the webersys.com repository is about all I can suggest - I suspect
a timestamp is wrong somewhere, but seeing as Synergy is a non-free package,
I can't do much about it.

Regards, Paul.