[Bdi4emc-help] Question on BDI-4

Paul bdi4emc at bulldoghome.com
Fri May 19 20:42:12 CEST 2006

Hi Beau

On Thursday 18 May 2006 04:55, Beau Beaufait wrote:
> I am running BDI 4.38 with Jon's PPMC cards and a Bostomatic mill. Today
> running a Meshcam file to do some engraving in wood the EMC would just stop
> like it was paused.

Having spent most of the day running your nc file, I have been unable to
replicate your intermittant pause with either emc-1.0-38 or emc-1.0-46..
I will not rule out the possibility of a bug somewhere in the code, and while
I look for possible causes, could you do some checks your end.

 Booting the BDI-4.xx CD, one of the boot options is memtest86 - Run this for
a few hours and see if any memory errors are reported..
 If thepause happens again when running EMC, check /proc/emc/status and see if
Heartbeat is still incrementing. Checking dmesg for any odd messages after
ppmcmod has loaded is also worth doing - It is possible RTAI has trapped an
exception and halted the execution of the realtime code.

Regards, Paul.