Using module-assistant to build packages (was Re: [Bdi4emc-help] Re: [Emc-users] New BDI-4 packages.)

Jeff Epler jepler at unpythonic.net
Fri Mar 31 15:39:02 CEST 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 12:51:04PM +0100, Paul wrote:
> See above comment about KSRC and KVERS - Failing that, you have all the kernel
> specific information in src/Makefile.inc, although it is poor policy to rely
> on that autogenerated file. Basic grep & sed will do the rest if you insist
> on using <package name>.files (suggestion: generate them on the fly). Once
> you have removed all hard coded version numbers, one rule set will serve for
> ALL debian derived packages, be it Ubuntu or what ever.

So that I can get an idea how 'm-a' works, what's the commandline on a
bdi 4.3x machine to rebuild the emc modules into a new .deb package?
I tried these variations:
    m-a -t a-i emc
    m-a -t a-i emc-modules
    m-a -t a-i emc-modules-`uname -r`
but they all failed for various reasons.  I'll be happy to provide the
error messages if you wish.

Jeff