[Bdi4emc-help] Noob with a new install

Paul bdi4emc at bulldoghome.com
Fri Mar 17 14:09:26 CET 2006

Hi Mark

On Friday 17 March 2006 10:17, Mark Wendt (Contractor) wrote:
> Getting ready to install the latest BDI on an older machine.  Was
> wondering if there was a minimum hardware configuration for
> installing and running EMC.

Minimum recommended specification is:

CDROM drive that supports booting from CD.
Pentium class processor, 400MHz or faster.
4Gig IDE HDD.
VGA video card able to run 1024x768.
256Mb memory.

I have heard of people installing on a P266, and also with less memory, 128M
being the absolute limit. The less memory available, the longer the install
will take.

Avoid motherboards with integrated video that uses main memory (i810/15
chipsets for example). Most graphics cards are supported and there is little
to choose from between ATI and Nvidia..

Regards, Paul.