[Bdi4emc-help] BDI-4.38 Install Help

Paul bdi4emc at bulldoghome.com
Thu Mar 16 00:35:10 CET 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 05:28, Vern wrote:
> I downloaded BDI-4.38 today and MD5 checksum was right, Burned to disk.
> When I got home I went through the install( painfully slow-1-1/2hr).
> Then program did post install configuration and asked to reboot machine,
> I took cd out and pressed reset button. Program won't start, all that
> happens is "Grub>" scrolls by one after the other after the other. Any
> clues why this happened or how to fix it. I installed BDI-4.38 with all
> the default settings accept for my monitor. I chose Compaq SVGA.

Sounds like grub didn't get installed correctly - About the only time I've had
problems was with SCSI drives.. The install should not have taken over an
hour unless you have very little memory.

Could you supply some details about the hardware you are attempting to use.
Also, did you run mediacheck on the CD ? (F2 at the boot prompt tells you how
to run it).

Regards, Paul.